So you’ve just gotten a new video from Intrigue TV. Your video ad is up and running on TV networks across Ontario, but you’re wondering… How else can I use my video?
Whether you have a video ad, a community event ad, or a host video, you have a number of great opportunities to leverage your new video to increase its reach and get in front of more customers.
Here are five quick tips from our team on how to start using your new video from Intrigue TV:
1. Highlight Your Video On Social Media
The easiest way to start leveraging your video ad is to highlight it on your business’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Most social media platforms offer users a way to upload video files and host them natively on the platform. Your video can be uploaded in this way and shared with your followers, or you can boost its reach in a number of different ways:
- Pin your video to your profile. Facebook and Twitter both offer the ability to pin a post to the top of your profile. This will ensure that your video is the first thing that people will see when they visit your page — and it will get a lot more views as a pinned post.
- Ask friends, family, and happy customers to share. If you’re just getting started and you need a little momentum, it’s a great idea to ask your friends, family, or happy customers to share your video and provide it with a boost. It never hurts to ask!
- Run ads for your video. Another option is to run paid ads to gain additional views for your video and extend its reach even further. Social media ads can be set up to target your ideal customers. This is best performed by an experienced specialist.
When posting your video, remember to write a short caption that will help to grab people’s attention and entice them to watch.
2. Post Your Video on YouTube
Another quick way to get more mileage out of your video is to post it on YouTube or another video hosting platform.
You don’t need to have an active YouTube profile with subscribers to gain the benefits of posting. Simply hosting the video on YouTube will help you share it more easily with other people — and it can also help you get found on Google.
One recent client, a financial advisor, was advertising on the video network and was able to land a big customer as a result of putting one of their videos on YouTube. The video appeared in the Google search results when the customer looked up the financial advisor’s name — and this prompted the customer to make the initial call.
Whether or not you have an active YouTube presence, it’s always best practice to write a descriptive title for your video that will encourage people to watch — and help them find your video from searches. In addition, we recommend that you provide a link under the video where customers can learn more, contact you, or make a purchase.
3. Feature Your Video on Your Website
Your website is the perfect place to showcase your video to potential customers when they visit the site.
Once you’ve posted your video on YouTube, it becomes much easier to add the video to a page of your website. Simply grab the embed code from YouTube and copy-and-paste into a text editor on the web page where you want it displayed.
Here are a couple of great places to put your new video on your website:
- Your Home page, where most new visitors will have the opportunity to watch it.
- Your About page, particularly if the video is telling a story about your business.
- A specific Service or Product page, if the video is related to that service or product.
- A Thank You page, where customers who have reached out can learn more about your business.
For more advice on using the video on your website, contact our team today.
4. Add Your Video Into Your Next Email Newsletter
Another great place to highlight your video is your email newsletter. If you send out a monthly email to your customers, it is easy to share the link to your video on YouTube or social media and reach an even wider audience.
If you’re not currently doing any email marketing, you are missing out! Email marketing is one of the best ways to engage current customers and generate additional business — and videos are a tried-and-tested way of generating clicks from emails.
5. Link Your Video From Your Email Signature
The last tip is a super powerful tactic for expanding the reach of your new video — especially with people that you are actively engaging in conversation.
Adding a link in your email signature with a catchy title like, “Watch our new video here!” is a great way to entice people to watch your video and can help with:
- Online inquiries
- New prospects
- Current customers
- Business partners
- And more
Want to learn more about the benefits of video advertising? Contact our team today to request a quote.